Koç University Summer Research Program Code of Conduct
As the team of Koç University Summer Research Program, our aim is to provide the participants a safe, memorable and fun experience.
During the Summer Research Program, it is expected that the participants should be responsible of their own actions and to avoid any behavior that would disturb the progress of the program. All participants are obliged to follow the below rules:
- Codes of Conduct:
- Every participant is responsible of their own actions and discourses
- Participants must be respectful to everyone.
- Participants must follow every direction of the Summer Research Program Team.
- Responsibilities of the participants regarding the projects:
- Attendance is mandatory unless there are health related issues.
- All behavior must be avoided that could disturb the progress of the projects.
- Any mobile and electrical device (mobile phone, tablet PC, laptop etc.) must not be used unless permission is asked from the faculty member.
- Materials that are not related to the projects must not be read (newspaper, books, magazines etc.).
- Responsibilities of the participants regarding the dorms:
- Koç University Dormitory Management Directives* must be followed.
- Rooms cannot be changed without informing the dormitory personnel.
- Participants cannot stay in another rooms without the knowledge of the dormitory personnel.
When a participant does not obey the code of conduct the below steps will be followed :
- Code of Conduct is reminded to the participant by the program coordinator and he/she is encouraged to correct their behavior.
- If the behavior is repeated/goes on, in addition to verbal warning, program coordinator gets in touch with the participant’s parents/guardians.
- If a second conversation with the parent/guardian becomes necessary, the coordinator will have the right to ask the participant to leave the program.
- Actions that are strictly prohibited:
- Must not disturb the program deliberately.
- Must not refuse to follow the code of conduct.
- Must not swear or speak inappropriately.
- Must not steal something that belongs to the school/someone else, vandalize any property and be irresponsible about it.
- Must not act in any way that could put the lives and security of other participants or the personnel at risk.
- Must not act in any way that could harm someone else physically or mentally.
- Must not perform any action that contains frightening, threats, violence, harassment, sexual abuse and/or assault.
- Must not consume/possess alcohol and/or illegal substances.
- Must not possess a weapon. Any object that has the possibility of harming another can be considered as a weapon.
When a participant does not obey the strictly prohibited actions the below steps will be followed:
- Primarily, the coordinator gets in touch with the participant’s parents/guardian.
- If it is determined that the participant has consumed alcohol and/or illegal substance when he/she was not with a program member and/or was outside the campus premises with the permission of the parent/guardian, the situation will be reported directly to the parent/guardian and the participant will be asked to leave the program.
- If an action of a participant puts others and him/herself at risk, this situation will be reported directly to the parent/guardian and the participant will be asked to leave the program.
- It must not be forgotten that other than the aforementioned rules and the code of conduct, all participants are subject to Koç University “Classroom Code of Conduct”, “Student Code of Conduct” and “YÖK Student Disciplinary Code”.